Caregiver Respite Program
The NORD Respite Program provides financial assistance to allow caregivers a break to attend a conference, event, or simple day out. Financial assistance is offered as a grant of up to $800 annually for those who qualify. A first-of-its-kind assistance program, this grant is designed for caregivers of someone diagnosed with a rare disorder. We all understand how caring for a loved one is a generous gift that demands significant amounts of time, attention, patience, and dedication.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Home Health Aide (HHA)
- Non-professional caregiver
- Caregiver must be a US citizen or permenant resident of the US for a minimum of six months
- Patient requiring care must have a confirmed rare disease diagnosis
- Eligibility is based on meeting the program’s financial eligibility guidelines
How To Apply
There is no fee to apply. Contact a Patient Services Representative at 203.616.4328 or email CaregiverRespite@rarediseases.org.