We request that every new member read, agree to and abide by our forum rules and terms of service before using the site. Your use of this site signifies your agreement with our rules and terms of service.
- We ask that you use your real name on this forum.
- Do not share your log-in details.
- Households may have more than one registered user, but please post only under your name.
- Do not post any copyrighted material.
You agree not to post or upload material on the forums unless it is yours, consent from the copyright owner, or know the material is public domain.
- Do not copy and paste tables, charts, HTML code, or compromising materials from other websites.
Please do not copy and paste materials from other websites into the forums, web pages, tables, or charts that may contain HMTL or other code from another website. This rule respects copyrights and prevents malicious code on our website.
- No advertising, selling, or soliciting is allowed.
No advertising, solicitations, trading of goods or services, or other commercial activities are allowed in the forums. No bulk messages, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or repeat postings of the same message are permitted. Do not link out to commercial sites or sales pages.
- Treat other forum members with courtesy and respect.
Online discussion forums are like any other organized gathering of people; there are rules of etiquette everyone is expected to follow. We believe in the free expression of various viewpoints and critical discussion of all ideas. However, your experience is bound only by common-sense rules that ask you to be civil and show respect for others when you are online.
- When using our private message system, abide by all rules, terms of service, and etiquette guidelines. Private messages remain confidential between the sender and recipient, but Members should never use the message system to express disagreements or talk about someone behind their back.
- Do not post offensive comments or material.
You agree not to post anything false, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise violate any laws. Do not use ethnic or racial slurs or hate speech. Do not libel or defame others.
- SSRA moderators will remove inappropriate content.
We reserve the right to edit or remove objectionable or inappropriate posts. We do not monitor all forum messages in real-time or hold them for approval, so objectionable content cannot be removed until the moderators see it. Violators who post offensive content may receive a warning or have their memberships terminated.
- You are responsible for all messages and content you post on the site.
You agree to accept responsibility for all forum posts, messages, and content you post or posted under your user name. The SSRA does not assume responsibility for content posted by members. The person posting a message is solely responsible for that message.
- Do not accept anything other members post as endorsed by the Superficial Siderosis Research Alliance or any SSRA Scientific and Medical Advisory Board member unless verified as approved.
The SSRA does not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information posted by forum members. Messages posted in the forum do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of the SSRA or Medical Advisory Board members. Messages posted on this site by members express the author’s views only.