Volunteer To Raise Public Awareness
Volunteer to help us harness the power of social media. The simple act of sharing, liking, and following the alliances’ social media posts and accounts Consider that 3.5 billion people, or 45% of the world’s population now use social media. This is the most direct and easiest way our supporters can help us to share our message.
Are you interested in taking it a step further? Help us by volunteering to become one of our content creators. Are you a TikTok phenom? We are actively looking for a volunteer to help us create a messaging footprint.
Share your Superficial Siderosis story with local business organizations, clubs, or medical schools. When people are able to connect a face with a patient’s journey the details become something they will remember.
Public speaking, not your thing? We can help you submit your story to newspapers, magazines, or podcasts.
Become A Regional Director
The SSRA is currently seeking new Regional Directors from all areas of the world. The title may sound a little intimidating but our regional directors are all volunteers who have a personal interest in Superficial Siderosis. We meet monthly via TEAMS to discuss the issues most important to the Superficial Siderosis community.
- Monthly Video Meeting
- Help Plan Quarterly Education and Awareness Campaigns
- Regional Facebook Page Admin
- Represent the Alliance at Local Events
Legislative advocates are needed to help advance policy change at the federal and state level. Learn how you can become a champion for an underrepresented rare disorder community.
If you are local to an upcoming SSRA event, we would love to put you to work!
Ignite Your Local Community
Host a local fundraising event for the benefit of the Superficial Siderosis Research Alliance. Inspire those around you to pitch in, get involved, and do some good. Round up those family members, friends, and co-workers who always wish there was something they could do to help you.
You know what? There is. It can be as simple as a small table bake sale or a raffle for an item that’s donated by one of your local businesses. Every dollar donated counts. Every dollar is important.
- Design a T-shirt campaign
- If you or someone you know has a design idea we can help you create a benefit t-shirt for you to sell to your network of family, friends, and community. Harness the power of social media and you have the opportunity to help the SSRA from the comfort of your home.
- Approach a local business
- Ask your favorite restaurant or favorite business if they would donate a portion of their sales for the day. We will help spread the word plus their business will recieve our thanks across social media. Their donation is tax deductible.
- Create a Facebook fundraiser
- Celebrate your birthday or mark your diagnosis anniversary as an opportunity to spread superficial siderosis awareness by telling your story and help raise funds too.
Corporate and Business Sponsorship
If you represent an organization or foundation searching for a worthy cause for your annual event, please consider SSRA as your beneficiary. We are happy to work with your event coordinator on messaging or planning.
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much -Helen Keller